BBE’s goals are:
- To represent its members social-economic interests.
- To assist and advise its members concerning social-economic issues, and
- To promote the dialogue between entrepreneurs, employers and branch organizations on Bonaire.
We try to reach these goals through:
- Arranging the definition of a common point of view between the membership concerning appropriate issues, and representing this point of view when and where needed or desired.
- Consulting with third parties, and, upon our members’ request, assisting individual members when they consult with third parties.
- Setting up, and maintaining a network with similar organizations, in particular entrepreneurs and/or employers associations in other parts of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and/or Caribbean region and/or trade partners of Bonaire and with (semi-)governmental offices and unions.
- Promoting the realization, and where needed, contribute to the realization, of measurements and provisions that are needed by the business community.
- Forming and supporting interest groups and workgroups from amongst the membership
- Advising and informing the membership as well as publishing information concerning social-economic issues.
- Representing the members interests in colleges and organs that deal with, or touch upon, the interests of businesses on Bonaire,
- As well as all other that is needed to realize the goals of the association.
For the years 2015 and 2016 BBE has chosen to focus on the following two issues:
- economical development